Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 9 - Perfect circles

Another day just like yesterday and like I'm sure the next several will be.

As part of the lessons I do with the boys we also do projects. Alex had a lesson that talked about the invention of the phonograph and Thomas Edison. As his project he decided he wanted to make his own phonograph, and so that's what we did. A shoe box, paper, straws. That's all it takes. Unless of course you expect it to actually work... Those things just may not cut it... Anyway, it looked like the picture he had and when you are 8 years old that is plenty good enough! He was very impressed with my ability to cut a free hand circle from paper and kept asking how I do it... Practice?

With Aris we do a different kind of project. He is still learning more basic things and so we do simple projects. The same idea applies. His lesson talked about spiders and so the project is to be on spiders. *insert heeby-jeebys and squeals* For his project we simply cut and paste pictures of spiders while talking about his basic knowledge of them. What are they, where do they live, enemies, etc.. Let me tell you, he was NOT having it. He is supposed to write a simple sentence under the pictures about what he knows. This was not happening because "writing is stupid and useless and I don't like it or want to do it" Of course he was yelling all this in Greek and his brother was translating it for me while I tried to wear my teacher face and not start yelling back "ENGLISH!!!!"
Anyways, at least he is cute.

After lessons it was of course back to playing and Aris was back cooperating and being rainbows and kittens. Sometimes literally.. He likes to meow at me... ... ...

And that was my day!
I hope yours was lovely wherever you are, and if you are back in Canada, enjoy the weather for me. I'm still melting here. Though can I really complain?? It's Greece and I'm going to the beach on Saturday and the Acropolis on Sunday....

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l