Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 23 - Strike 1!

Today was a day just like all the rest. I sleep in, get up for some Special K cereal, which I have fallen in love with.., then normally I do nothing much until the kids are home from school.

Today I wasn't feeling like doing "nothing much" and I ventured out around my suburb. I immediately decided that this was a poor choice because it was approximately a million degrees outside and I started melting a minute into my walk. My walk that turned out to last an hour.
I was going out with the intention of going to the post office and then coming back. I asked my host family how to get there and got pretty simple directions. Took under 20 minutes to walk there, but on arrival I discovered it was closed. Apparently they are having strikes today. I of course wouldn't know this because Greek radio is useless to me, as are signs. Oh well, not a big deal, now I know where it is for another day. After that I walked around some more and browsed in a few stores before coming home to lunch and lessons and puzzles and coloring.

After that I had a serious matter to attend to. Deciding if I will take a day trip up the mainland on the weekend or if I'll go to another island, and if I choose the latter, which island will I go to???

Important stuff.
Suggestions??

Tomorrow I'm planning on going into Athens for the morning and maybe trying some more Greek food somewhere. I'll be sure to let you know how this goes.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l