Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 5 - Frankfurt continued

I've made today a much better day than yesterday and I'm really glad I did. To start, it was a scorching hot day and  Frankfurt turned out to have more to it than what you would see in it's skyline. At a glance it is skyscrapers and modern buildings, but when you take the time to go in a bit deeper and look around the corners instead of up to the towers you will find a lot more. After searching for a while I found the old part of the city. Perfect. Another postcard scene. Traditional looking German buildings, beautiful churches and of course little tourist shops full of beer stein's, clocks and postcards. True to form, I walked around taking pictures of everything.

After my self guided "tour" of the old area I went on a river cruise down the Main, which for anyone who doesn't know is the river that runs through the city. It is really nice to see the city from another perspective. Afterwards I treated my self to a little strawberry ice cream before coming back to the hostel.

Supper was "Frankfurt style sausage" with a roll... To be honest I think it was microwaved hot dogs, but it was warm food and so I can't really complain.

Since all my touring was on my own I didn't really learn much and therefore have no exciting fact's for you, but no problem, I will make up for it with lots of info on GREECE!!!! Tomorrow I fly off to my temporary family in Athens.

See you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l