Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 13 - Pouring down and standing tall

Such an awesome day again today!!

After an early morning Skype with mama and a walk followed by a bus followed by a train, I ended up in old Athens again.

I was meeting with another Au pair who is working in Athens so we could tour together. First thing we did was head up to the Acropolis! As we were walking there it was drizzling a bit and the sky was all cloudy, but as soon as we got there, BAM!! Pouring! The kind of pouring where you might as well not put your jacket on because by the time you realized you should, you're already soaked.. But I don't mind, I melt in the sun not in the rain.
After a few minutes under a shelter the rain lightened up and we went in. And guess what??
It really is real! And standing strong and tall and looking amazing!
So once again, I took way to many pictures of everything and then we moved along.

After the Acropolis we went for lunch and then for day 2 of the bus tour, this time through the city. Squares, hotels, museums, etc.. Exciting and lots to see, but I have to say that day 1 was much better and I will take the sea over the city any day. Not to say I won't be exploring the city more.

I didn't end up getting to see the Acropolis museum, but with 11 more weeks here I'm not really concerned.

Walk, train, bus, walk and finally back home and ready to pass out.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l