Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 15 - Alphabet!!

Ok, ok, I'm sorry. I promised pictures and that just isn't going to happen today.. Oops

Today was a day like pretty much all the others. Wake up, breakfast, play, lessons... You know the drill.
Our exception today was that I feel like crap! Headache continuing over from yesterday, unhappy tummy and an on and off ear ache. Well, life's rough. Let's move on.

After lessons, Alex, "my" 8 year old, taught me the Greek alphabet.. Let me tell you, it's pretty bizarre for someone who only really knows English. It's not like French or Spanish or any other language that at least has the same letters, in fact, the few letters that are the same don't necessarily have the same meanings or sounds. I didn't really learn a whole lot, but I'll keep working on it..
Wanna see it???

Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ Σ Τ Υ Χ Φ Ψ Ω

Those are the Greek capital letters and now here are the lower case.

α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ σ ς τ υ χ φ ψ ω

And there are 24 capital and 15 lower case. Allow me to explain using my extremely limited knowledge of Greek.

Σ = S
And because it is a capital "S" it is only used at the beginning of words. If you want to use a small "s" inside a word, it is "σ" and if you want a small "s" at the end of a word it is "ς"

Therefore Σ, σ, and ς all = S

Crazy stuff!!

That's enough of that nonsense for tonight though, I'll keep you updated as it becomes less nonsensey and more.. sensey...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l