Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 47 - I went shopping again. I'll need to stop that.

Today I started my day off in a relaxed and delicious way. Pancakes! I even made them myself. Impressive, I know. It was a different take on your average American style pancake though as it was made with strawberry Greek yogurt. The recipe is good but needs some tweeking, eventually it'll be perfect! After breakfast and getting ready it was out the door for shopping!

After ages on the buses and trains I finally got to my first shopping destination and proceeded to, well, shop! A little here and a little there and several bags later it was snack time. Frozen yogurt from YOGEN FRUZ! Yum!! After that and a little more shopping it was back to the train.

I got off at Syntagma square next because I heard there was a mini "museum" inside the train station there. It turns out there is. A lot of things were discovered underground when the station was being built and some got to stay there. Graves, urns, columns and pottery. There is also a small marker inside the station with jewelry, food, et.. I stopped in there and got a little souvenir ring for myself before continuing on.

The walk between Syntagma and Monistriaki isn't long, but there is plenty along the way. You can see the acropolis and you can get Starbucks. You can shop in high end boutiques and stop in tiny trinket shops. There is traditional Greek food and there is fast food. It's a really great place to wander around. And true to form, I had another delicious snack that I shouldn't have.

When I finally did get there it was again back to the train to my final stop of the day where I did more shopping and wandering before heading home.

I came home with some good purchases, a full tummy (gained 12 pounds I'm sure) and unfortunately a bruised hand from all the hangers hung over it in a dressing room line.. That's dedication.
It was all-in-all quite a good day!

Until tomorrow, have a great morning, afternoon or evening, whatever suits you best!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l