Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 33 - Rustic luxury

Do you ever have those times when you wake up one day and everything is fine and dandy so you go about your life and then the next morning you wake up and you've skipped the whole 'getting' sick stage and went right to "I'm dying" ?!!

That's where I am. And I'm dying. My head is going to explode, my nose is being all stuffy and runny and totally useless for breathing and my throat feels like it was clawed up by a cat.
Boo hoo. Poor me.

Are bloggers aloud to take sick days??

I wouldn't do that to you.
After breakfast and some hot water with honey and lemon I packed up my day bag to get ready for a day at the summer house.
An hour and a half drive later and we have arrived. And let me tell you, it's hideous.
Oh wait, I'm lying again. I should really stop that. Bad girl.

The house is at at the top of a mountain, perfectly white washed, stone patio, pool and has all the good looks of a Greek home. In my mind anyway.
After standing and staring at the house and its view for a bit I decided to take a look around the village it's part of. 1 church, 1 taverna, homes. That's all. The homes have lemon trees and chicken pens, people drive down the street in tractors, some people have olive trees and others have vineyards. It's a very small place, and yet huge. You can look 1 way and see perfect simplicity and you can turn your head to find ultra luxury.

Below the village is a town that runs along a beach. A long pebble beach.

After a lunch of homemade fries, burgers, chicken and steak (with a small amount of homemade red wine) I headed down to this beach.
Why? You may ask, didn't you just say they have a pool??
Yes, I did. But it's already closed for the year and so I was unable to take advantage of it.
Not that it matters anyway. After the long long downward drive to the beach I was feeling like a bag of crap. Honestly. My head was threatening to explode the whole time I was down there, and I really wasn't feeling like swimming because of it. And because I'm having a fat day..

After 3 hours spent going between sitting half in the water and half on the beach like a toddler and reading on my Kobo e-reader and listening to my country music it was time to head back to the house. This was very welcome since I was sick and really cold.
I know, what a joke. Cold in Greece. Ha.
Really though. Being sick makes you cold anywhere..

A long way back up the mountain, stop along the way for some fresh eggs, grapes and lemons and then finally at the house for supper.

By 9:30pm it was finally time to head back to the city and to bed. That was the longest 2 hours of my life. It was such an exhausting day, but it was great to see something totally different again.

Good night!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l