Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 35 - Why doesn't Europe have thanksgiving?!?!

After a day spent entirely in bed yesterday, either watching shows, reading blogs or napping, today I feel like I'm getting better.
Getting, but not there yet. When I tried to run this morning I found myself out of breath a minute in, slower paces than normal and a very sore throat from trying harder to breathe. I made it a whole 12 minutes. At least I tried...

After my failed run and my normal not so getting ready for the day, I had a pretty successful 4 hours of lessons. Aris showed me Greek sound on the chalkboard and then we played hangman. He wrote "pig" and I didn't get it.. How sad. He even told me its something that like's to be dirty... Another fail on my part. Alexandros kicked my butt at "football" aka soccer. Weirdos. And then it was back to my usual nightly stuff. Being bored and lame and sitting on my laptop.

And throughout the day while all of these things were going on, I was silently wishing to be home enjoying thanksgiving with my family, friends and "in-law" family, all of whom I miss so much. And on top of the mooshy lovey stuff, I would really love some pumpkin pie with obnoxious amounts of whipped cream, turkey, daddy's mashed potatoes and all the delicious sides to go along... Seriously. Someone mail me some. Please. I'll pay shipping. Really.

Anyway, good morning, afternoon or night. Whichever applies to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l