Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 75 - Gas mask

Today all-in-all would be considered another unsuccessful day. I had 14 (literally) alarms set, 15 minutes apart starting at 7:30 and somehow I still managed to sleep until noon.. Not ok. Not the end of the world though.

After dragging myself out of bed, eating, getting ready and deciding where I wanted to go I took my usual long trip to city centre. Except that the metro didn't stop at my station.. I still have no idea why, but it was closed all day. Fortunately the next station is very near to it and it gave me the chance to explore a new area and see new things, and I did. I found the ancient agora which I had previously only seen from up on the acropolis. I wasn't able to go into the site because it was closed, but I'm hoping to go tomorrow. Because I was at a different metro stop it took me longer to get over to where I was going, except I didn't even get there. I wanted to go to the national gardens next to the parliament. Parliament is at syntagma square, syntagma square was covered from every direction by police, military and riot police. Uniforms, shields, batons, gas masks... I decided it was a very good idea to turn back. I think they may have told me to turn back anyway except I didn't understand (obviously). So like I said, unsuccessful.
By this time all the shops were closing so I took myself to the mall for dinner and then home.

I'm really hoping to actually get up tomorrow and see what I couldn't today. Fingers crossed!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l