Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 89 - Post and hostel

After sleeping through 12 alarms this morning I decided the zoo wouldn't be happening and so I took my time getting ready for the day, eating and organizing my room. As my finishing day grows ever nearer, I've been making sure everything is ready and clean and getting rid of anything that I won't need after leaving Greece. Since I found packing tape I've also packed and taped the bag I need to send home, and now I just have to find somewhere that will send it to Canada.


It was such a beautiful day. December 1st and I wore a short sleeved t-shirt without being at all cold. The sun was bright and warm!


My first stop, as always, was to buy bus tickets. The man at the newspaper stand that sells them to me always knows what I want now without me asking. He doesn't speak English so I can't make polite conversation with him so I just smile big and say thank you. He now says thank you back to me. I'm going to pretend I taught it to him and feel good about myself.

My first destination was the mall because that is where one post office is and also bank machines, which I had to use for the first time since leaving home. Little did I know, the post office was closing just as I got there so I'll have to go back on Monday.

After grabbing a drink it was back to the metro (which smelled like dead fish) and off to Plaka to find and reserve the hostel for when Chad arrives.

Of course it took me ages to find the hostel, not because its hidden somewhere you wouldn't expect, but because I have a short attention span and because the names of streets can be hard to find and are in Greek sometimes and in a split sign with a Greek name and and English name other times. And the name on the map don't necessarily match the spelling of the name on the sign. All that being said, I did eventually find and book the hostel.

Back to the metro (which mostly smelled like chocolate this time) and then to my bus, and then my short walk and then back at the house.

See you tomorrow!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l