Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 96 - Rain

So, Chad stole all the blankets last night and I froze my ass off. Good times! And then he kept turning my alarms off before they woke me. Damn you, sleep ruiner!!! I guess he made it up to me by taking me for an amazingly delicious lunch later in the day. More on that later though.

First thing we did was go for breakfast in the hostel. Yogurt, eggs and French toast. After that we had to pack up the disaster we made in our room and move it all to a different room. We decided on a private room with bathroom for our first night and so Chad could adjust and then dorms after that. The room we moved to has 8 bunk beds, all full.

When we had claimed our beds and set everything down we headed on a long walk to the Archaeological museum. It was only a long walk because we got slightly lost.. I'd love to blame Chad, but I can't really... Or can I? The walk ended up getting us nowhere so we hopped on a metro to get us in the right place.

We eventually got there and spent a good few hours wandering the halls, taking pictures and reading (The reading part was mostly only Chad). When we were done we got back on the metro and went to the previously mentioned lunch at the mall.

Gourmet Burger Kitchen. A restaurant I have been eyeing up for a good long while now but never went in. It was absolutely amazing. Avocado bacon burger. Yes. It was delicious. And fresh and fast and generally fantastic. The kind of fantastic that makes you want to sit in your booth until its ok to order dinner. And then go back the next day...

Lunch was followed by a quick trip to see the Olympic stadium, then it started raining so we got back on the metro once again and headed for the hostel. By the time we got there my previously straight hair was curly and wet.

A bit of sitting around, a change of shoes, grab the umbrella and then out for a hot chocolate.

Back at the hostel now and sitting under a huge umbrella in the garden writing this while Chad sleeps. Or tries.
See you tomorrow for our last day in Greece!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l