Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 97 - Final day in Greece!

I dropped my breakfast on the floor!! Wah!!!!!! So sad. That was one less piece of french toast for me. But, on a brighter note, I finally got to take a shower without holding the shower head. I could just stand under the running water. Lovely.

When Chad and I were all ready and fed we headed out and up to the Acropolis. Just like last time I was there it started pouring on us. Fortunately its not a very big place so we weren't stuck in the rain for to long before we went down to the museum. The Acropolis museum used to be up on the hill with the Parthenon but that got to small and a much larger more modern museum was built. It has glass floors in some areas that look down on open excavations. It's very cool.

After the museum we went off to do some last bits of souvenir shopping and for lunch. Gyros and Pita! I figured it was important Chad tried it before leaving Greece. And then I decided we needed frozen yogurt too.... Less necessary but equally delicious.

Our yogurt came along on a walk with us to see a few more sights (and a stop in which 7 cats all flocked to me! Thrilling!!!) and then we decided to come back to the hostel and get planning for tomorrow. We need to leave Greece (because my 3 months are up) and get on to Italy! I'm so excited!

Our planning turned into several hours of re-packing, online plan making and then an 11:30 run for food!

Ready now, and off to bed!
See you there!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l