Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 138&139 - Ferries are not my friend

I realize that combining days is kind of cheating, but I spent both of these days doing that same things.
Starting on the 19th at 2pm we got on a train and motion sickness strikes again! After the train is a cab and then right onto our ferry.

We got a room in this ferry, which was great because I wouldn't have survived without it.
Within a short time of being on board we went to eat, and before we could really finish eating, I was forced to finish eating. Motion sickness, take 2!

Unfortunately for me, this horribly violent sickness stuck with me for the rest of the crossing. Very little sleep happened.

Now to the 20th, we are off the ferry and walking. Walking turns into a bus ride, another ferry ride, a tram ride and more walking. Motion sick continues!
And I can tell you, by this point it has been about 24 straight hours of feeling awful and at that point I turn quite pathetic. When I saw that we had to take another ferry I cried. And all the while freezing cold and uncontrollable shaking.
Ick.

Finally at the hostel and its straight to nap time, then shower time, a short trip downstairs and then to bed. All the while still feeling like death.

Tomorrow will be a better day and I will make the very best of my last full day in one of my favorite European cities.
I've missed you, Amsterdam

xoxo






Jan 19&20, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l