Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Very Best Soft and Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking is something I love to do and have for a long time. However, I also really like to eat the things I bake and since I have no self-control I try to limit how often I make treats.





Now, here’s the thing about chocolate chip cookies; I like mine without chocolate chips. I know it’s strange, and I’ve never met anyone else who shares my preference, but I swear it’s delicious! That being said, my most recent batch does have chocolate chips because I will be using them to make s’mores and this cuts out a bit of the melted chocolate mess.


1/2 cup butter - soft, not melted
1/2 cup coconut oil – I have used solid, soft and melted, all worked fine.
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla – I never actually measure mine, just pour!
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda - Dissolved in 1 tbsp. hot water
2 1/2 cups flour
Extras, however many please you! – Chips, candy, nuts or nothing at all


Preheat the oven to 350F
Beat the butter and coconut oil until smooth
Add white and brown sugar, beat until smooth and creamy
Add eggs, mixing between additions
Dissolve the baking soda in hot water
Add the soda water, salt and vanilla
Add flour, mix until dough forms
Stir in any extras
Roll the dough into balls, approx. 1.5 tbsp and place on a baking sheet
Chill for 2-5 minutes in the fridge
Bake for 13 minutes – Cookies will be pale with lightly golden bottoms and quite soft. They firm slightly while cooling.
Makes approximately 30-35 cookies


Here is my best cookie advice: Don't skip the chilling stage. Chilling the dough before baking allows the butter and oil to harden and therefore not melt as fast in the oven. When the butter/oil doesn't melt so fast the cookies don't spread as much and therefore stay tall and fluffy inside.




I know 1 tbsp seems a bit small for a cookie, but 1. I like the convenience of getting tons of cookies out of one batch, 2. I feel less guilty when I eat a lot of small cookies and 3. We all know that little desserts are very appealing.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l