Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Twenty Eighteen Goals, Mid Year Review

I made quite a few goals for myself this year, some easier than others, but I have every intention of crushing as many of them as I can. Here’s how I’m doing so far.

Improve my health – I had to make a few changes here and there, add iron supplements to my daily regime, and just generally be a bit more conscious of what is going on. I’ve been eating a bit better, and by that I mean I’ve shrunken my portion sizes and am making a strong effort to resist the donuts and cookies that seem to end up in my office every week. I’m more active, spending more time outside and doing more things that make me happy, just because.


Get in shape – I’ve made this goal a part of my everyday life in hopes of it being a bit more sustainable and so far it seems to be working. I walk every day at work, run the stairs in my office building (17 stories,) run at home with Ryan and ride our bikes for leisure, exercise and occasionally instead of driving places we need to go anyway.



Run 10km – I managed to convince Ryan that he should run with me and we were doing really well. The first run we did was 2.4km and by week 2 we were up to 3.4km. We took a little break because it go so hot here, but hoping to pick it back up and continue working towards my 10km!


Sort everything I own, again – To be honest, I haven't felt the need to do this again, but I am making an effort to get rid of things as I notice they are un-used or unloved. I’m still working on the mental block that has me keeping some things though, so any ideas how to do that would be great!


Reading – As of the end of June I have read 10 books! I can only think of one other time in my life that I read this much and I’m realizing how much I actually do enjoy it if the story is right. I’m not sure what I will read next, but I will continue to read!


Travel – Continuing to travel is always going to be a goal, whether I write it down or not. I have an ever growing list of places I want to go, extended trips to take and experiences to have. So far this year I have been to my third Hawaiian island and it was an absolute dream! I finally booked a trip for Ryan and I as well but that isn't until October.


Do more outside – I’ve been doing really well on this front so far, fingers crossed I can keep it up! I have been going for walks outside nearly every day at work, walking, running and biking with Ryan at home, spending some time at the nearby National Parks and we’ve been for our first camping trip of the season! We’ve also been going for picnics with friends at one of the city parks and I’m loving that.



Take a road trip – Ryan and I took a spontaneous road trip to Jasper National Park in May and it was a perfect day. Even though we came and went in a single day, it is always worthwhile to get out! I have high hopes for several more road trips throughout the summer including 2 trips to Saskatchewan and maybe a few more to the mountains!



Take a course or 2 – I was registered for my first course, Birth Doula, in May but it got cancelled at the last moment when the instructor was hospitalized. I have since re-booked for the end of July and cannot wait to get started! The second course I would like to take, scuba diving, is an ongoing potential. It doesn’t take a huge time commitment but it does require me to spend several days in another city. One of these years I’m sure it’ll happen for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l