Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 128 - HARRY POTTER!!!!

I can classify today as one of my favorites on this trip for sure. Being that we are in London I felt that it was very necessary to do the Harry Potter studio tour. I am a huge fan.

It takes a bit to get to the studio, but I was excited all the way so it doesn't really matter. A metro took us most of the way and a tour shuttle got us to the gate.

As soon as we got inside it was so exciting! We watched a short video about the tour and then BAM! walking through the great hall, seeing real costumes and props and the hall itself.
The next room took about 2 hours to get through. Costumes, sets (boys dormitory, common room, potions classroom, etc..), props, and so much more. I could have walked around there forever, every time I walked past something a second or third time I noticed something more.

Next was the backlot. #4 Privet drive, the night bus, Hagrids motorcycle, chess pieces, Tom riddles grave, the Potter's home in Godrics Hollow...

Back inside again, the creature room was next. Videos show how some creatures work and some creatures were right there in front of me. Buckbeak, Arrigog, and a giant Hagrid head. Apparently his real one wasn't big enough..

The most amazing thing we saw was the castle. I bet you didn't know it was real!! It's about 8 meters tall and takes up a whole sound stage of its own. Incredible.

Unfortunately we eventually had to leave but it was an all around amazing day.

See you tomorrow!
xoxo




Jan 9, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l