Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 130 - Robin Hood and Batman

Another day of pack up and go. Not quite literally though, I got breakfast too.

Destination of the day: Nottingham, England!
Yup, Nottingham. The one next to Sherwood Forest, famous for Robin Hood.

Upon arrival we did as we always did. Slight difference, we also stopped at a tourism centre. And guess what they told us?!!
Have you seen the newest Batman movies? If so, picture in your mind (or watch the movie, that's even better) Wayne manor. Batman's house. That house, it's here!!!! How cool is that!??!!

After we FINALLY got to our hostel and dropped our bags it was right back out again. Chad desperately needed to see Warhammer world. I can't say that I was excited for this, but I suppose I drag him to places often enough that I could suck it up and go.
A 3 mile walk and we were there. Right inside the door was a larger than life size realistic Uruk-hai. Now that I was excited about. If you don't know what an Uruk-hai is, it's from Lord of the Rings. And LotR is something I can be excited about.

Further in we found lots of stuff that tickled Chad pink and also a bar with delicious pizza.

Because of its early closing time we decide to walk around the shops on the way home. Little did we know, shops close at 5:30pm everyday except Sunday when they close at 4:30pm! How bizarre!

Tomorrow we will explore some Robin Hood related sites, a castle, maybe some caves and hopefully go see Wayne manor.
xoxo






Jan 12, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l