Thursday, March 14, 2013

Vixen, B and the birds

One of the hardest and saddest things about leaving home is leaving my baby behind. I only just official left today and I already miss her. My precious baby kitty does not get to move out with me.
Don't be misled though, I use the words "baby" and "kitty" because I'm mushy and I love her like the day I stole her from a farm, but she is not a kitten. She is, in fact, going to be 5 people years old in May.
5!!!!



As much as I would like to be selfish and scoop her up and whisk her away to my new home, I can't.
She is very well adjusted to her home here. When she escapes the house to go prowl about the neighborhood she knows where to come back to, she knows all the best hiding places in the house and most importantly, she has her dog brother, Mr. Bandit. She also has brother and sister birds, Sophie and Baby, who don't seem to look the least bit like lunch to her...

Bandit and Vixen certainly have sibling moments. "Get out of my room!!" "That's my toy, put it down!!!!!" "Stop stealing my food, you're such a jerk!"
But really, I think they love each other dearly and I like to think they keep each other company when the humans aren't around. They bound around like bunny rabbits chasing each other through the house, Vixen gets the high ground and jumps on B's head, then runs away only to turn back and stalk him from afar. It's endless fun, I'm sure.



Oh, to be a house pet.

I realize this is all about Vixen and how I'll miss her, but that's because she is mine. Bandit will be missed dearly as well. And I will even miss the bird sounds. Climbing the cage, singing, chatting..

                                                                    Baby (Grey) Sophie (Yellow)

All of my babies will be so missed. Good thing the leftover humans will take good care of them and that I will be home to visit often.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l