Sunday, March 24, 2013

A little fun

One of my favorite things to do when I go out with friends is hit the pub for virgin Caesars and darts. And sometimes, just sometimes, delicious greasy fatty pub food happens. And it's awesome.

One time I went all Robin Hood and hit a dart in the back side with another dart. True story.

My pub of choice, Crown and Tower, has everything I need. A good menu, 2 dart boards, good Caesars and a cute bartender. My manfriend, Chad! He's possibly the best part. Debatable though...

 
Last night my friend and I went in and had a great time. We got cheese sticks, our favorite even though she is lactose intolerant... and nachos because guacamole is always a good idea. Always. To wash down all our tasty snacks I had my Caesar(s). If you are a reader from outside of Canada you likely don't know about the magical deliciousness that is a Caesar. No, it's not an emperor or dog food.

A Caesar, or Bloody Caesar as it is sometimes called is a drink. In my opinion it is equally as good when virgin, though it is generally alcoholic. A glass is rimmed with celery salt (don't skip it!), then filled with ice. Next, if you want alcohol it should be added now. Generally it is made with vodka but gin and tequila are popular as well. Now, the most important part and what makes a Caesar what it is and separates it from the Bloody Mary is Clamato juice. Yes, CLAM not TOM. Clamato is a premix of tomato juice, spices and clam broth. Finally, tabasco, Worcestershire and usually salt and pepper are also added to the cocktail. Garnish with lemon/lime and a stock of celery, an asparagus, pickles or really anything else you might like.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Moving along. I don't know what darts game we play or even if we play "properly" but I do know that I love it. It's very entertaining and can be a challenge but is mostly just good simple fun.

I hope your weekend is fun too!
xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l