Thursday, March 21, 2013

The first week

We survived. It's been a busy first week; a lot has been done and there is still plenty left to do.

When we got here last Thursday morning it was (a little happy dance) and then straight to work.
Boxes and bags, up and down the stairs and the giant living room pile is born.
Before the pile could be dismantled and put away I felt the need to clean. Everything. So I did. The kitchen, inside and out. 2 bathrooms. Shelves. Closets, switches, handles, rails... So satisfying.

Once everything was clean it was on to the pile. The few kitchen and bathroom things we had got put away first. Next was, well, everything else. All we had for furniture on day 1 was a sofa/futon so I couldn't put anything on shelves or in drawers yet. All the boxes got moved to appropriate rooms and that was pretty much that for the first day.
Days 2, 3 and 4 were all spent organizing what could be moved and carrying more up. Some from my house, some from Chad's.
Clothes got folded and put in organized piles on the floor to await the arrival of hangers and drawers. Eventually the bed arrived and was assembled and made, 1 dresser came and got filled and some clothes made it up to hang in the (beautiful walk-in) closet.

A little more over here, some over there. More furniture. Food for the kitchen. Everything for the bathroom.
Things are coming together.

On a general note, I don't much like having to unlock the building and then the suite. I just want in!
On the inside everything has been great. It's the perfect little home. Ok, almost perfect. It can't get it's crap together in the temperature department and it was extremely dry until we got a humidifier. Nothing major though. It's still great.

In the last few days it has really felt like home. I know where things are. I know where I want things to go when they arrive and it's all very comfy.
It would be pretty awesome if this ridiculous snow would be gone so I could take advantage of the balcony though. And so I could run. Up and down the stairs isn't ok when someone lives under you.....

As much as I miss my kitty and WiFi, I am quite happy here and am really excited for it all to come together!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l