Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sleep time

So, let me just start off by saying I am a strange sleeper. Moving out, and in with Chad, means we go from a bed each to a shared bed with 2 of us in it. Most significantly this means that it is no longer all mine. Be honest, in our own beds we all take as much space as we damn well please, whether that be the whole twin bed, the bottom half of a queen, or face-down starfish in a double.
I personally had a twin bed, until I was banished to the fold-out couch, then I got upgraded to double. Sizes aside, I am all about sleeping kind of sideways with elbows jutting and feet flying, one knee up and a hand awkward crushed under my body. Sounds odd, but I get my position right and I'm out in a minute. I like ridiculous amounts of pillows to squash my face between, unnecessary amounts of blankets, quilts, comforters and other such warm cushy things, and Pink Baby... These things make my very happy.

As a bed sharing adult I have lost my excessive pillows and blankets and replaced them with a Chad. Being the romantics that we are, we sleep back to back, steal covers and try to take over as much space as we each can. I never had these problems with Pink Baby. She slept happily on her mountain of pillows.

For our first night in the new condo we opted not to bring the bed. It had just dumped a foot of snow and I didn't fancy putting the mattress in the back of the truck to get wet and dirty. Obviously, we still had to sleep and we didn't want to sleep away from the condo until the bed got there so we chose plan B. A pull out sofa/futon. It's hardly (if at all) bigger than a single bed and not particularly soft but it did its job and after 2 days I'm adjusted.

Adjusted or not, hopefully we can get the bed over and set up today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l