Friday, March 1, 2013

Greece and Italy

Where to start?
I think living in Greece for 3 months gave me a different view than if I had just visited like the other countries.
I found the different areas to be very different from each other and very different from anywhere I had previously been.


The best places in Greece (that I saw) would be the islands. Beautiful, warm, laid-back and just generally wonderful. The people are pleasant, the food is delicious and the sea.. the sea is magical.
The mainland is in stark contrast to the islands. Museums and ruins are everywhere (a very good thing in my mind), but everything is much busier, more crowded and louder. The food is equally as good though. Being so large means to get anywhere I had to find a bus, metro, tram, taxi, etc.. I really enjoyed walking places when I could, and I could on the islands. Walking and walking until I found myself lost. Lost without a care.








Italy is similar in that you can find a ruin or a museum pretty much anywhere. However, the ruins in Italy seem to be significantly less ruined that those in Greece...
Another wonderful thing is, of course, the food. Cheese.. Pizza.. Pasta!
And next to food is standing inside the coliseum, the incredible moment when I walked into The Sistine chapel, the canals in Venice and Pompeii, a city that shouldn't been here to see, but is.
And pretty much everything else Italian.....









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l