Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cosplaying again!

With my third comic convention coming up quickly it's time to get on with making my next costumes. There are so many I want to make but I can't decide which to do this time. I'm thinking that I will make 2-3 this time if I can. It's a 4 day convention and wearing the same thing in a busy, hot, crowded hall for 4 days seems pretty nasty..

Choices!

Gender bend Arrow. When I say gender bend, I mean taking a male character and altering their costume to make a "what if this person was a girl" costume. 



Sakizou art. This would be extremely difficult and time consuming, especially considering this is just 1 image. No video to watch or picture from another angle, just this. (And many other AWESOME pieces could choose!) Maybe for a future con would be better.
 


Wizard of O,z Dorothy. One of my favorite movies and characters. Plus my best friend would make the perfect Alice (blond hair, loves cats, kinda bananas) and if you think about it, Dorothy and Alice would have made the best of friends if they came from the same worlds. 



Padme from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. It's one of my favorite costumes she wears, but she is pregnant when she wears it so this one will probably have to wait as well..


It's been ages since I've played the game and I probably wasn't very good when I played it anyway, but I would just love to make a Ratchet and Clank cosplay. Again, it is a male character, and not even human, but it have a fun idea for it. I also really like that it's really unlikely anyone else would be wearing anything similar. 


Ahsoka tano. She's just cool. That's pretty much all there is to it. But considering she is tiny and involves lots of body paint....... Maybe later?


Another of my favorite movies, The mummy. You know that scene where Evelyn fights Anck-su-namun in her flashback/past life memory? That outfit. Too naked?


Of all the cool ass kicking woman I could play dress up as, Lara Croft is right up there at the top. Her new look in the newest Tomb Raider game is pretty awesome. 



LILO and stitch. Simply put, I love them. That is all. And to be clear, I would (probably) be LILO and carry around a stitch doll. Though, being stitch and carrying a stuffed LILO could be good too...



Now, my top 2 choices at the moment and the costumes I am leaning closest to are Tauriel from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and an original, made in my head warrior Medusa-ish thing. I'm really not sure where the idea for the latter came from, but I like it. A lot. 



PLEASE, weigh in! I need opinions. And suggestions of other things I could do! And be open-minded, wigs and makeup are part of costumes. 

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l