Sunday, August 25, 2013

Travel thoughts

Even though I've been home from Europe for 7 months now, I still think about it pretty much everyday. I'm so in love. I wonder if this feeling will go away or if I'm just meant to live in Europe for real or just meant to be a traveller.. maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of travelling...

Either way, the travel bug is alive and well in me and has me wanting to plan future trips. To see the world would be the most amazing adventure.

Egypt, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, South America... I want to see it all. I obviously can't list off every place out there or even all the ones I want to see, but there is an ever running list in my head, pictures in my phone and ideas everywhere.

Any time I get to a book store I am pulled right to the section full of travel books. I make myself a stack of the ones I want, then realize that small stack is well over $100 and put them back because that is $100 I could save to get me somewhere new instead of just reading about it. Not to say I won't get those books eventually, probably just not all at once. My European guide book was SO helpful during my travels.

In my spare time I frequently look up flights, read hostel reviews, pin pictures on pinterest, read about train travel and generally do 'future research.' I have also kept all my travel apps on my iPhone for future reference. Though it turns out that those apps can be pretty useful in my daily life too. Frommer's Travel Tools is one of my favorite apps. It converts currency, weights, distance, temperature and volumes, has a world clock, tip calculator, flashlight, packing list, guide books, E-postcards, games and a list of other recommended apps! It's just so good!!
I also read a lot of other people's blogs and some of my favorites are all about, you guessed it, travel!

Anything to get my little bit of the world is good enough for now. One day though, I'll see it all!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l