Monday, August 12, 2013

The little zoo in Edmonton

The other day a good friend and I spent an afternoon out at the zoo.
I have pretty mixed feelings about this place. I don't like that the animals are in relatively tiny spaces and behind bars or glass, but at the very same time some of the animals wouldn't survive in the wild or are near extinction and are therefore being preserved. 
Either way, I do love to see the animals.






At some point during the day my step-sister and niece joined us.


 A good solid highlight from our trip was seeing the zoo keepers walking some of the animals. Seeing Lucy the Elepahant out on a walk is especially exciting. We also saw Lily the Wallaby out on her leash.



As is pretty much average for all my days out, it rained. I really don't mind, but I aught to start being more prepared. I had an umbrella but Lily (my niece, not the coincidentally named Wallaby) wore her rubber boots. Everything is more fun in rubber boots.


On a side note, wouldn't it be awesome to stick to walls like this?!?!


A great day out is pretty much always in the books when visiting the zoo. We have an new Arctic area too!
All the info about it can be found here.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l