Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Creating Christmas Gifts

The Christmas season is a busy time no matter which way you slice it. We need to make time for shopping, cooking, baking, visiting and still go to our jobs. To make that all go a bit smoother and to keep things as inexpensive as possible Ryan and I did some DIY Christmas gifts this year.



Just like last year, we took our own photos and made cards to send out to family and friends. We made 35 this year and even though it was time consuming I absolutely love the outcome. I think they are much more unique and creative than the photo cards that you can get printed professionally. 


I had the idea to make a tree ornament for Ryan this year, something personalized and meaningful, and even though he had no idea I was doing that he still came up with the same idea. We made ornaments for his little sister and also for our 2 secret Santa's. 
I don't know either of the people we chose so we did a quick little Facebook search and came up with these. Ryan made and painted the Blue Jays logo and I did the lobster claw. I think they both turned out great!


I've been making stockings for several years now and I really love it. Bentley just turned one in October and he finally gets his own stocking. I had hoped to make one for him last year but it didn't work out. I previously made one for his Mom, Dad and sister too.



Though it has my name on it this one isn't for me. Another Dani has been included in the family and this one is for her. I think the 2 stockings I made this year are my favourite ones I've done. 



All the kids gifts were handmade this year in hopes that they might be a little more meaningful and might last a little longer that the typical toy gifts.

For my older niece and a friends daughter I made these adorable little bubblegum machine tree ornaments. They only cost a few dollars to make and are a fun addition to the tree.


For the next 4 kids we made them each a bunny. Yes, you read that right: we cut, sewed, detailed and all-in-all made each child there own stuffed bunny. Each one is slightly different and they all have different coloured tails to keep from being confused. 




Lastly, instead of a bunny, Bentley got a dinosaur. I made this one too. 


Everything seemed really well received and I'm hoping to continue this in the future. I think a meaningful handmade gift is always the best to receive. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l