Thursday, October 27, 2016

Simple and Delicious Homemade Pizza

Do you ever get that feeling like you’re bored of even your favorite foods, like it’s time to try something new? Sometimes just a new brand or flavor will do the trick.
Ryan and I have been feeling that way and have been making an effort to try more new foods. We've also started making more food at home as opposed to buying it premade.

For a relaxing Sunday at home we opted to make pizza. Since I am a vegetarian and Ryan isn’t we make a half and half. I don’t like subjecting him to the plain cheese pizza if I don’t have to so I pile the sliced mushrooms on my side and Ryan gets all the pepperoni.

Creating a pizza

You will need:

Crust mix/premade crust/premade dough
Sauce
Mushrooms
Pepperoni (or any other toppings you prefer)
Marble & Mozza cheese
I’m not going to tell you how much of each will need because it would be based on what size pizza you are making and how heavily you like you toppings piled on.


Preparing ingredients for homemade pizza 

Preparing ingredients for homemade pizza

Preheat the oven to 450F
Make your crust
Let rise for 10-15 minutes
Slice and cook mushrooms (I make mine in a frying pan)
Slice pepperoni
Shred cheese (lots of it!)
Spread the dough onto a 12 inch pizza pan or cookie sheet
Pinch the edges up to make a crust
Layer on your toppings in whatever fashion suites you. I like mine underneath the cheese.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, toppings are warm and cheese is melted
Broil on 525F for a about 2 minutes to get the cheese extra melty and add a bit of a crisp


Preparing ingredients for homemade pizza

Preparing ingredients for homemade pizza

Preparing ingredients for homemade pizza

We’ve made this same pizza twice now and it’s so satisfying. Both of us like it more than store bought or take-out because it isn’t greasy at all and it is made exactly how we like.

Do you want a crispier crust? Bake it longer! Don’t love having so much pizza sauce? Don’t put much on!

I forget sometimes that I like to cook, not just bake, so it's nice to try new things. What should I make next???


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l