Monday, October 3, 2016

Mari-time of my life; Inverness Beach

On our first night in Cape Breton we decided to visit Inverness Beach. The area we were staying in, Margaree Forks, didn't really have anything to do or anywhere to eat, and with the direction we were taking around the trail this would be our only chance to visit anyway. 

Inverness is a really tiny town but it has a lot going for it with tourism. Little hotels, a big golf course overlooking the ocean, a few restaurants, (gas and groceries) and a really gorgeous beach.


After a quick supper of clams we drove down to the windy beach where I could hardly wait to take my shoes off in the soft white sand. 
Once we got walking one of my first thoughts was about how much this beach reminded me of one I was on in Hawaii. Ryan said that he thought so to and he's only seen pictures of Hawaii. 

There was only 1 other family on the beach with us leaving all the sea glass hunting space we needed. At first we just walked along enjoying our gorgeous surrounding but then we spotted a piece, and after you find one they all seem to start jumping out at you.



As we walked further along, the wind whipped my hair around my face so much that I couldn't see where I was walking. The solution, since I had no hair tie, was to tie my scarf around the length of my hair and hope for the best. 


I don't know how it got there or why, but there is a very large rock pile on the beach and it seemed to gain more stones every time a wave came up, but just in this one spot. As it would turn out, this is also the very best place to find really lovely pieces of sea glass.






While we were searching in the rock pile the waves were starting to come up more and more and before we realized we were getting splashed all the way up our legs. Normally I wouldn't like to get soaked while I was fully clothed but it felt really freeing to not care and to allow myself to just enjoy the ocean in this beautiful place.


I'm not sure how long we were actually at the beach but before we realized it, it was almost sunset. As one of my "bucketlist" items for the summer, I was very happy to watch the sunset here. We ran back to the car, ryan dried off and changed and I ran back to the sand with my camera so I wouldn't miss anything and because I wanted to be able to share this with you. Enjoy it!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l