Thursday, April 17, 2014

Boxing

I've been going to boxing for about a month and a half now and I really don't have a single bad thing to say about it. It's been a long time since something brand new made me so happy and excited. 

The gym I'm going to, 30 Minute Hit, is an all woman's boxing circuit. There are 15 stations and a stretching area. If you can commit to at least 3 sessions per week the the price is around only $5/class... That's pretty decent in my books. 

The whole thing lasts, as the name would suggest, about 30 minutes + a few minutes for stretching. Every station last 2 minutes. 15 seconds regular time, 15 seconds double time and back and for through the 2 minutes, then on to the next station. It starts with jump rope. I have to admit that the jump rope has somehow gotten harder as I've gotten older, I used to love it! Next up, punching then kicking, abs, punching, kicking, abs, punching, knees, abs, kicking, punch/kick combo and for the last boxing station we are free to do any combination of whatever we want, stretching is the final spot. Now, I realize that's only 14 and I've spent a good long while trying to figure out what I'm missing, the answer is, nothing. I guess it's not actually 30 minutes?
I would also like to point out that I'm not just "punching" or "kicking." I'm doing something specific, roundhouse kick, hooks, turtle kicks, etc..

Because I'm so in love with boxing, I got a punching bag for home. Well, to be fair, Chad actually got it for me. It's inflatable and water weighted so it just pops back up after being hit. It should pop back up anyway.. I didn't add enough water though so it doesn't come back on its own unless it is hit against something. I usually set it up in front of our arm chair and it just bounces off the side so I can hit it again. I don't mind. 

Now all that's left is to get in a ring... 

Ok, ok, Mother. I won't...

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l