Saturday, May 4, 2013

My world

Here's a peak at a project I started before I went off to Europe and that I've just picked up again.

I have a love of maps. All maps. There is just something about them.
I'm not sure where I came up with the idea, but I decided to make myself a world map. Not to scale, not perfectly accurate, but entirely my own work.


I started with a blank canvas, a pencil, eraser, world map poster and my iPhone. From there I just gave it my best. lots of drawing and erasing to get what I wanted, using the poster map as my guide and my iPhone to look at details closer up.
Once its all drawn out and I happy with it, I just paint the outline with a fine point brush and black paint.




Done and done.

This project is still a work in progress. As you can see, only Europe has a paint background/ocean and several places are missing. Once I'm done everything I planning to make a collage of all the places on a wall and fill in the ocean space with travel pictures.





xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l