Thursday, May 16, 2013

DIY

Being the me that I am, I love crafts. Crafts of every kind make me giddy. Painting, cutting, gluing, sewing, building, scribbling, crocheting.. Beads, felt, paper, fabric...

Making things personalized and having a home full of things I made, altered or otherwise dazzled is exciting. The idea of living in a cookie cutter house with the same furniture/décor/style as everyone else is dull.

The Internet being what it is today has so much to offer, and something I really love is Pinterest. A virtual pin board to collect anything that strikes you. Use it to get ideas for your wedding, find new recipes, get motivation and tips for being fit.. you can do so much. One of my personal favorite categories lately is home decor. Just seeing pictures of other homes inspired me to plan for myself what I want (and don't want) in a home. And let me just say, the dream home in my head is fabulous. Feel free to visit.

One pin I found has inspired a new project for me. Unfortunately I cant get the link to work on here so a picture will have to do.


I have a desk in generally bad shape but that has a really nice shape and detail to it so I'm giving it a new(old) look. I was torn between sea foam green, minty blue/green and pink. You will have to wait for that post to see which color I chose!

See you then!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l