Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Big Island, Hawaii; April 17-23, 2018

Having loved Hawaii before I ever went there and loving it even more once I did, I can’t turn down a good seat sale to take me back to the islands.



Way back at the very end of December I scooped up round-trip tickets for under $400 Canadian and by January 1st my rental car, accommodations and 1 excursion were booked as well. As great as it feels to have a fully booked and paid for trip, it still unfortunately means I’ve had to wait nearly 4 months to go; and now that we’re down to 1 week I’m vibrating with excitement!

Going to all of the major Hawaiian Islands is a Bucketlist item for me and I’m well on my way! This year I will be going to Hawaii, or the “Big Island,” as it is commonly called. This will be island number 3 for me in 4 many years and I expect it will be an equally amazing experience.

Hawaii

It’s just 1 girlfriend and I going and we have so many plans we’re hoping to squeeze in.
  • Summit of Mauna Kea
  • Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
  • Snorkel with Manta Rays
  • Snorkelling with wild dolphins
  • Black sand beach
  • Green sand beach
  • Hiking
  • Stand-up paddle boarding

As excited as I am about the things we will do, which I will elaborate more on in my next post, I am also quite excited about where we will stay. I booked us a yurt on AirBnB that is located on a Macadamia Nut farm! It is so much more affordable than even a basic hotel at barely over $100/night, but also gives us the chance to be in nature even more.

For anyone interested, this is the one.

If you have any suggestions of places to go, things to do or excellent donuts, please let me know!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l