Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Surfers and sushi {Hawaii 4}

Even though we didn't want to spend our whole trip just sitting on a beach, we did do it everyday. Sometimes for a short time, sometimes for a few hours.
Today we decided on a relaxing all-day beach outing. 

Naturally, the first thing we had to do was get breakfast. And by breakfast I mean juice and smoothie bowls. Obviously.
 
 
Then we went back to our 'surfer beach,' Kuilei Cliffs. In the same fashion as Waikiki beach, some people stayed on the sand and some stayed in the waves. 

 
Rachel and I ventured further down the beach to see what it was like. We found softer sand, less rocks, fewer people and a perfect little pool to play in. There is a huge flat chunk of rock that comes up onto the beach, the waves rush over it and keep it smooth and slippery. Of the 2 tide pools, only 1 seemed safe enough to play in, the other was too deep and rough.
 
We had tons of fun being pushed around by the waves and crashing into each other. I brought my GoPro camera with me and most of the footage is of waves, then squealing, then my feet going up in the air as I get knocked over and lots of laughing. 
As fun as it was, I did get scratched up by the rocks a few times. I'd say that's all part of the adventure though!!

After we had enough tide pool fun we went back to join the others for a bit. We watched a young family playing in the sand. 2 of the kids were so excited about finding beach glass that I almost wanted to go find some too! I guess my pukka shells will do though. 

Warm and dry from the sun, I couldn't resist taking my camera for a walk down the beach. It's quite a beautiful place.
 

Following a day on the beach the only logical way to spend the evening is eating... right? 

I went to Hawaii having already decided I would eventually get to have delicious sushi. And we did. A large feast of it. We were all joking that if our 'landlord' happened to stop by, we would get in trouble because he'd think we were going to be having a big party. What can I say though, we like to eat. 

Having eaten our fill we spent the rest of the night being generally ridiculous and in a constant state of obnoxious laughter. The absolute best way to end a night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l