Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer recap 2014

A little bit of the happenings in my life. It's been a good summer. 
To be honest though, the sad truth is that as much as I love taking pictures, I never seem to take enough at one time to merit a full post about that event. 
This is my answer to that. Some of what I've been up to and a bit of a photo dump. 

First, and most exciting. At 22 years old I finally got my drivers license!!
I've had my learners since I was 17 so it's about time I got it done. I honestly can't believe I waited so long. It's life changing. The first time to drove by myself was so exciting. 
To fit in with the driving theme, I also bought myself a vehicle! Thanks to my great uncle for a steal of a deal on his vehicle that he no longer uses. I now have myself a "soccer mom van" and I love it. It's not what I planned to get, but it does that job just fine. 

Chad and I had our 6 year anniversary this past month as well. Time seems to have flown by and also taken forever.. All at the same time. 
We spent our day climbing a mountain together. High-fives!


Having worked on my Armoured Sailor Neptune costume for over 3 months, I can happily say that I got everything finished on time, nothing fell apart and I absolutely love how it turned out. It was received well by others as well which is always satisfying. 
I wore it to Animethon, my first time at this convention, and had a great time.


I'm not sure how I finally got myself into doing this, but I've felt it coming on for a while. I did a, rather large, stuff purge. I must have halved the contents of my closet. It felt pretty amazing actually. So good in fact that I had to do it to the whole house. Linen closet, bathrooms, kitchen, spare room, living room... The other rooms didn't take a hit quite like my closet did, but it felt good anyway. Sometimes all the stuff feels like it's crushing me. 
That is a whole post for another time though. 


A friend from work and I went out to Heritage days in Edmonton. Basically, it's food from countries all over the world all in one place. Each country has an area, some larger than others and they use that space to not only sell food, but some countries put on performances. Music, dancing, etc..
If we are being honest, I was just there for the food. Which country do you think I chose? 
Greece. Gyros in Pita. Naturally. 
It wasn't quite the same, but super delicious anyway. 



From there, we went over to a tiny local amusement park. Pictures don't really do rides so this was a good park for me. Mini golf, go-karts, batting cages, bumper boats... Some people did the cages while waiting for others to show up and then we all did the go-karts together. Slightly scary, but a lot of fun. I had the constant feeling that I was going to roll over, but eventually decided that was probably pretty difficult to achieve, considering how low and wide the car is. We finished off with a silly round of mini golf. 


Lastly, and most recent, I went to a staff party for my job and had the best time. We rented a bouncy, bungee, thing.... It was the best fun I've had in a long time. Basically, you wear a harness with a cord attached to the back and the other end of the cord attaches to the back of the ... bouncy thing... 
The center wall of the thing has Velcro on it and the person strapped in has a Velcro bean bag. You run as hard as you can and try to stick it on, getting as much distance as you can. 
Harder than I expected. 
Once you get to a certain point the cord will pull you back too. Most likely you will fly back and land on your back with your butt and legs in the air... 
Great fun. Trust me on this. 


And that's life for me. 
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l