Monday, March 10, 2014

Dear me: 13

13 is another very memorable year, but for all the wrong reasons. You are such a little shit head! It's time to grow up a little bit. Your whole world is just fine. You are just fine. Make better choices, be happier, be nicer. 
On another note, stop torturing yourself. You will always be you and only you, try for the best version you can be. 
I know you don't know it now, but it's ok to dump friends sometimes. Some of them aren't worth being around and will only drag you down. I hope you know who I'm talking about.. 
Spend more time with the family. Give more time to your school work. Take up a hobby, anything really. Anything healthy and productive.

I guess I can't scold you all day though. You are me after all...

Let's move on to a lighter note. I know how much you love to change your hair colour, and that's fine, it's just hair. BUT, one of these days you are going to consider blonde and then you are going to go for it with a box of at home bleach. Please, please reconsider. It's an awful idea, it looks terrible on you (it's not even blonde!) and it will forever be the worst school picture. Forever. 

Grade 9 - 13/14 years old

Next up, that boy you are "dating" and have been for all of junior high... Umm, let's just say.. Be nice. He's a human, not a distraction. If you don't like him, stop "dating" him. Move along. Be his friend. And then be friends with his brother because he is going to turn out pretty fabulous. (He wears makeup better than you!) That group of boys though, they are pretty good for you. Awesome friends. And they keep you tough, that's something I've always loved. 

Speaking of friends, very soon you will find the very best ones. You already have some that will really stick with you, but the new ones are just as great. They really get you and you can be just as weird and awkward as you truly are and they'll love you anyway, just like I will. 

Anyway. Ill leave you be now. 
I love you

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l