Sunday, November 17, 2013

So, I can put the tree up now, right?

Well, it has arrived. Winter to be specific. I feel like it usually arrives in October, cold and ready to make some changes. We have been fortunate and it didn't arrive until November this year.
As lovely as that first snow can be, glittery, crisp and just perfect for snowmen, it will inevitably lead to more miserable days.

Most notably, the arrival of snow, and November means I can start with Christmas!! I love Christmas. Everything about it. The music, decorations, gifts and being with the whole family. I especially love that. Anything can happen when we all get together. Seriously, anything. I've seen some crazy things in my day..

Since I'm living away form home for the first time, this also means I get to decorate my own home and have my very own Christmas tree!! Thrilling!! I have already pulled out the boxes of Christmas stuff that Chad and I collected on our travels through Europe and I was so excited to put them out. I decided to leave a few things in boxes for now though because even though Chad loves all our stuff too he thinks it's too early.
Our collection goes in 2 directions, but came form the same places. Woodland creatures in ornament form, and mugs (several of which are shaped like boots!) We got everything from Christmas markets, except for a few things.
Most came from the markets in Salzburg, Austria and Nuremberg, Germany. Other bits came form Rome, Copenhagen, Lucerne and Venice among others.

Let me introduce you!






Any day now Chad will agree to go out and buy a tree, lights, wreaths, wrapping paper and all the other good Christmasy stuff! I can't wait!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l