Thursday, July 28, 2016

Dream Land

Do you ever have those dreams that just don’t make sense? Something simple like eating a food you don’t like or spending time with your “mom” except that she doesn’t look like your actual mom, you just instinctively know who it is?


The other night I was dreaming about my nieces and nephew. It was nice to see them, even if just in dream land, considering they live on the other side of the country.



Lily, my oldest niece, was lying in the back seat of a car and watching the stars happy as can be. She told me she had never seen the stars before. The smile on her face was so perfect, just like it’s always been. I left her out there with her step-mom to enjoy the sky.

I went inside the house, I don’t know whose house it was, but I walked in anyway. Abby, my next niece ran to me and expressed just how excited she was to see me and then ran off to play.

Finally, my dad and 2 of my brothers walked in with my nephew. Apparently they had been camping. Bentley is less than a year old but had a full size guitar slung across his chest and was happily being carried by his uncle.

I’ve never met him, so my brother handed Bentley to me. I took the guitar off him so I could get a good hug in and he told me (8 month olds can speak?!) that I needed to change his diaper.

No problem. I laid him on the floor and grabbed a new diaper, but it wasn’t a diaper at all, except in the dream where it was… It was a piece of cardboard with a shape that pops out the middle. Once it’s popped out, fold the edges, tuck the tabs into the tab holes and voila! Diaper! I’m telling you, it was 3D cardboard suitcase, an 8 month old was telling me how to build it and also making sure I used all the tabs so there would be no leaks, weird stuff. He informed me that the current one he had on (which looked like an actual diaper) was built and put on incorrectly by my dad and brother and leaked.

And then my 4:30 am alarm went off.

As much as I would love to stay in dream land with baby Bentley, I’m not convinced putting him in a cardboard suitcase diaper was going to turn out well.

Do you have weird dreams too? Tell me about them!! Comment here or leave me a note on my new Facebook page!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l