Thursday, April 14, 2016

My Wanderlust Routine

Maybe it's strange, but when the wanderlust sparks for me and I really need to go somewhere there are a few things that take over and must been done. To be honest, I do most of this on a daily basis..

1. Search flights. Do a specific destination, during a certain timeframe or just checking out what kind of deals are on.
I've recently discovered the Hopper app and I absolutely love it!! It monitors the flights you are interested in and gives notifications when the price goes up or down. It also has a predictor that lets you know what the expected pricing changes may be.
WestJet, my standard go-to airline has also just released their "Low-Fare Finder." Instead of searching for a specific date, now you are able to se an entire month at once and see what days have the cheapest flights for a certain destination. Check it out, here!


2. Check Pinterest and Instagram for pictures that inspire and fuel me. With Pinterest I usually get some kind of click through that will also tell me "the 10 best places to eat in ____" or "must see beaches in ____." It's a fun activity for me. Instagram allows me to see beautiful photos from all around the world, sometimes helping me to discover somewhere I've never heard of. If you are an Instagram-er too you can follow me: @danihub

3. Try to convince someone around me that we should go/it's vacation time/lets book immediately. It rarely works though so I just have to repeat steps 1 and 2 until I've seen so many photos and flight prices that I can be somewhat satisfied for a while. Plus, if I've searched for flights far enough in advance then I get to convince myself that it can still happen!


Inevitably this "routine" always leads to me finding a new place to add to my list of "must visit" locations, even more online searches and the cycle continues.

I really love this whole thing actually. Making plans, or coming up with ideas for future getaways is a really pleasing way to spend my time. You may not think it's a very productive but I find it to be the most basic version of world exploration. And in case you were wondering, yes, I'd love to help you plan your trip too...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l