Monday, June 3, 2013

The Japanese Spring Festival

Chad and I spent another weekend out in the rain. This trip was to the Devonian botanic garden for it's annual festival. It takes place in the beautiful Japanese garden.

Japanese food, martial arts, dancers, tea ceremonies and more.
I was really looking forward to a traditional tea ceremony because it's something I've never done before and I'm currently obsessed with tea parties. Unfortunately the ceremony was a ticketed event and sold out. .





The first thing we stopped to see was the Taiko drums that were part of the opening ceremony. We also watched an Aikido demonstration. 


One of the last things we saw was dancing. In the end they asked everyone to come up and dance with them so naturally Chad and I ran the other way.



The rest of our day was spent walking around in the rain enjoying the garden. The rain kept the mosquito's away which always make for a more enjoyable experience. We enjoyed sushi rolls, mochi and rice bowls. Tulips, herbs and shrubs.. 
Everywhere we walked there was something else to see. Statues in the trees and the hedge maze are my personal favorite. 





In the end I got my tea party anyway. At home with my man friend. Home-made pumpkin cheese scones, fresh fruit and strawberry raspberry tea!




Summer is looking great already, now all we need is a little sunshine!
xoxo






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l