Thursday, June 13, 2013

Avocado & seafood dressed gnocchi

I really don't know where it came from, but I have really been loving the kitchen lately... as I'm sure you can tell.. Since moving in here we have bought several cookbooks and I'm feeling more attracted to home and food magazines as well.
Some foods I've made are followed exactly from the book, others are altered and some are all together made up. As far as I can see the worst thing that could happen is it not being good. Not the end of the world.

This weeks dinner creation came from a recipe off pinterest. (If you are unfamiliar with pinterest you should get on it. pinterest.com)

The recipe I used came from here. If you look at the linked post you would see that her recipe is my base but they are otherwise different. She used pasta, I used cheese gnocchi.


To start, you will need

1 avocado
2 tbsp cheese (I like marble or mozza)
Juice of 1/4-1/2 of a lemon
Salt (I used course sea salt)
Pepper
2 tbsp olive oil

1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cube frozen shredded spinach (use fresh if you prefer)
Shrimp, I just used what would be enough for 2 people
Crab meat

Gnocchi (enough to feed your table)



Cook your gnocchi (or pasta), drain and set aside.


Cut your avocado in half, remove the pit and scrape out into a food processor bowl. Add cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix for 1-2 minutes, scraping the walls down as needed and adding in the olive oil. Set this aside when its all mixed.



In a saucepan big enough to eventually hold the sauce and gnocchi, melt butter and add the olive oil. I added the spinach in right away because it was still partly frozen. Toss in your garlic and cook for 30 seconds (ish).
Next is the seafood. I used pre-cooked and so I just needed to warm it. If you are less scared of eating uncooked meat than I am, cook your seafood from raw.



When everything is warm and ready, add in the gnocchi and avocado sauce and toss together.



Serve warm. Adding more cheese or seafood on top wouldn't hurt either..



Enjoy!!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l