Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A day out

Yesterday the sun finally came out. I really feel like I haven't seen it in ages since we had rain and thunder showers all of last week. One scary day we even had a tornado warning...



In a small celebration of the returning sun some girlfriends and I spent a day at the park. Leah brought her precious new puppy and Nicky brought her little girl, Ivy. We also brought along a truly random assortment of food, blankets for lounging in the grass and bread crumbs for the birds.




As I was getting myself together I made a mental note to remember SPF and bug spray. I obviously forgot both and came home with rosy red shoulders and mosquito bites all over. Oops.

We started off around a picnic table enjoying English clotted cream with strawberries and raspberries, Spinach dip with bread and spicy California rolls. I told you it was random..
As is the case with most dogs, Harlem was quickly wrapped around the benches and rather stuck so we packed up the stroller and moved to the blanket near the water.



None of us realized it would be quite as hot and sunny as it was and mostly for the sake of the little one we needed shade. Instead of moving we rigged an umbrella up onto the stroller and continued on with our sitting.


One of my favorite parts of the day was feeding the ducks. For whatever reason it's just so childlike and fun. Ivy seemed to really enjoy it too. One duck in particular had us all laughing. "He" had weirdly scary bright white eyes that looked a bit horror movie and he had a different posture than the other ducks.
Really? I'm talking about a ducks posture...
Anyway, he couldn't seem to get his neck out of the water and he kept attacking the other ducks and ducklings. Mostly from under the water. We named him Sleuth-duck because he looked like he was trying to spy on the others by not lifting all the way out of the water. A bit strange but great for a laugh in the sun.





xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l