Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wanderlust Q&A

A saw this done somewhere else and decided to do mine here.

1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
          Though I have been many places I have very few stamps. I guess my most treasured is from when I arrived in Europe.

2. Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
          Absolutely not.

3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or cars?
         Car loses for sure. I hate car travel for the most part. I like airports and I'm OK with flying but not crazy about it. I suppose that leaves trains as the winner. It was exciting to get places in a fairly short time while still being able to enjoy the scenery outside. Trains also have the advantage because you can get up, use the bathroom, buy food and even get beds.

Snow day in Nottingham, UK


4. Top 3 travel items?
          1. Camera. 2. My iphone. I couldn't call or text on it but had iMessanger when I found wifi, wrote most of my blog posts on it, took pictures when my camera battery died, listened to music, did research (again only with wifi) and kept myself amused during long trains/ferries. 3. And finally, good footwear. Something comfortable to walk in all day, good in wet or dry weather and good support. I'll plan this part better on my next trip...

(It was a good day at the market)


5. Hostel or hotel?
          I would say that this really depends what kind of trip you are taking and where. I liked hostels in Europe and on a recent trip here in Canada I didn't mind hostels either, but sometimes privacy and a bit more luxury is nice too. I could go either way.

Aegina, Greece


6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you like to explore new places?
         This would really depend on the place. Most places I've been are worth seeing again, but I would like to see so much more.

7. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, food, safety) or do you just jump right in?
         Both. It's nice to know about the place you are going in case it is unsafe or if they have certain customs that need to be recognized, but it was lots of fun to arrive and find out first hand about the food and history.

8. Favorite travel website?
        I don't really have one. I have a favorite travel app though. Frommers travel tools. I still use it at home too. Hostelling apps are good too. Lonely plant is another good one.

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit and why?
        Nova Scotia and PEI, Canada. Both places are so beautiful and having amazing "personalities." Also, talk to your family and find out where your "motherland" is and go there. Maybe a certain town or just the country in General. It's a great experience. And also, everywhere... just travel.




10. You are leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
        This one is so hard. Life long dream is telling me to pick Egypt.. I'm thinking it's a good choice. also, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, South America and back to Europe... just to name a few.


Feel free to leave a comment a tell me about your travels!
xoxo





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l