Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spring has kind of sprung!

So, it's here. Earlier this week we had 2 days of snow, cold wind and negative temperatures as low as -11c and now we are up to almost 30!! All in one week.. crazy Canada! It took bloody long enough getting here. I was in Europe for a good chunk of this winter but it still seemed to last forever when I got back.

I feel like I can finally say that spring is really here to stay, with the exception of the inevitable snow we get every May long weekend... I can live with that because I have so many things to look forward to.

Finally using my balcony is great. I've been out there to write, eat and just to soak up the sun. I can run again too. Realistically I could have before but I'm not much for the treadmill and being as clumsy as I am I wouldn't get far running on ice or snow. I also walk a lot, even in the winter, but I really enjoy it once the sun comes out. And one of the real beauties is stripping off the layers of clothes, jackets, mitts, etc..

Other than the fact that the snow literally just melted and nothing is green yet it makes me feel like it is already summer. I can't wait to get out and do my summer things. Chad and I love to camp. We also fish, swim and visit quite a few fun outdoor activities around where we live. And finally, the farmers market. I absolutely love it. Last year I walked over to it every Saturday morning even if I had no intention to buy anything.

Have a great spring!
xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l