Thursday, January 5, 2017

The places I'd like to go - 2017

As promised, my list of travel hopefuls has arrived. Realistically I don't expect to see more than a few of these places this year but since I'm lusting after all of them at the moment I thought I'd share anyway. 

At the top of the list, and most likely to happen, is Iceland. Yes, it's still hanging around at the top of my list. It's been 4 years in the making and I really really need it to happen this year. Just waiting on that seat sale. 

I've wanted to go back to Hawaii ever since I got on the plane to leave 2 years ago. As gorgeous as Oahu was, I'm mostly interested in seeing Kauai and Lanai now. They have less visitors and are a bit more rugged. Perfect for exploring, hiking and being near the ocean. 


To be honest, Mexico (Chichen Itza aside) has never been on my list of places to see. I associate Mexico almost completely with all-inclusive resorts and that doesn't appeal to me at all. Lately though I've seen a few blog posts about Tulum and I have to admit It's really sparked an interest. It just looks so beautiful!! On top of its beauty it also has some ruins to explore and is only 2 hours away from Chichen Itza. I can't pretend I'm not super into seeing another of the "7 New Wonders of the World"

Peru, and more specifically Macchu Pichu (another of the 7 wonders,) has been on my list forever. I'm really drawn to history and the ruins that allow us a look at the past. It blows my mind that ancient people were able to create what they did and that it has lasted this long. 

Since I could talk about all the places I want to go forever but I'm not made of time, I'm just going to list the other places that have me excited at the moment. 


Egypt is my number 1 bucket list item. I must, must, must see it. The only reason I haven't given that trip to much serious thought is because my parents would have a heart attack if I went there alone.

The Canadian National Parks are always appealing and I'm hoping to visit a few new ones this year.

Newfoundland and British Columbia both grasp at my affections every time I see photos of them. I'm clearly meant for coastal living.

Chile looks incredible and the Galapagos and Easter Island are both hugely attractive to me.

Europe in general has a very strong magnetic pull I can't resist, I'm not sure that will ever change, but I'm currently lusting after Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Having heard my Dad talk about Bosnia when I was young I was equal parts terrified and curious. The fear is gone and now it's just another beautiful destination to explore. 

This list could go on and on for so long and barely skim the surface. Unfortunately for me I'm not made of money and I think my boss would prefer I actual came to work and did my job so I'll have to take these trips little by little. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l