Monday, June 20, 2016

Photos; Abraham Lake

I know you didn't get a blog again on Thursday but I was away camping!!

This post will be very blue and will have very few words. After all, who really needs words in a place this beautiful?
While we were away camping Ryan and I drove 15 minutes down the road from our campground to visit Abraham Lake. If you have ever looked at the #TravelAlberta hashtag on Instagram then I will guarantee you have seen this place before.



The water is so incredibly blue it actually looks fake. The whole time I was staring at it I couldn't help but think it looks like blue milk.



Above the lake and perfectly overlooking it is a campground of sorts. You won't find any toilets, picnic benches or fire pits though, none other than the rock rings created by those that choose to stay here. Bonus - you won't find anyone asking for payment either!



I spent some time on this little sand bar just soaking up the world around me. This place is really amazing.





It was a beautiful, hot and sunny day but the wind was blowing hard, otherwise I would have jumped in without a second thought.



Ryan still gets excited every time he sees the mountains. It's always seems like a new thing for him and that gives me a little spark of excitement to be here too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l