Monday, August 25, 2014

Apple pie waffles

This past Friday was Chads birthday. He tells me "it's just another day" and he also doesn't like cake, he isn't a party person and he has everything he could want or need. I am limited. 
Now, as much as he isn't into sweets, he does love apple pie. 

This is my answer to all of that. 


Apple pie waffles. 
Warm fluffy waffles topped with Apple pie filling, cinnamon sugar and vanilla ice cream. 
Did I mention this was breakfast??

I used a pretty standard waffle recipe (that I found on Pinterest!!) and added cinnamon to it. We have a babycakes waffle stick maker and I love it! It makes the cutest little waffles. 


For the topping, I had to consult with someone who is better at cooking than I am. My mama! She told me to put apples, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a pan and cook it down, so that is what I did. I left the stove on a low heat to do its thing while I made the waffle batter. 



Once the apples were soft and the syrup was all gooey and thick and delicious looking I made the waffles. 
Waffles got buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Top that with the apples and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 


It was so good. It could probably eat this everyday. I probably shouldn't though since I like when my clothes actually fit. 


I highly recommend you try this. Now preferably. You know you want to!
Let me know if you do!

Happy birthday, Chad!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l