Friday, May 16, 2014

Expo day 3

Saturday at the expo is always the busiest day. You can't escape the crowds, the lines are crazy and everywhere you look someone is taking pictures of someone else. It's a great day. 

Today I wore my Arya costume again and Chad brought out his Jedi. Everyone loves his costume, it suits him so well and he really fits the part. I was taking a picture of him with some other Star Wars costumes when all of a sudden there was a huge wall of people standing behind me also taking the picture. Paparazzi! Not really though. 

We didn't do nearly as much shopping as last year. I got a hat, t-shirt and a tiny adorable stuffed alpaca. I like him a lot. Chad got a few pieces of art from "Pot Smashers" and that was all. I did strongly consider a stitch onesie as well...

I  was quite sure that I would get pictures with other people from Game of Thrones today, but generally I would see a costume and then they would be gone before I could ask. I saw a group of 4 that were dressed as Jon Snow, Ygritte, Ned and Catelyn and they looked great. I really wanted a picture with them, I even chased after them, but they got away. I did manage to get a really awesome Robb Stark though. 

Later in the day we went over to the Big 4 building to see about meeting the cosplay guests and found that the lines were pretty reasonable. Generally speaking you wait in line, pay and get a print, they say hi, sign the print and it's over. Jessica Nigri ran out of prints just before we got up to her so we got pictures with her instead. We went to meet Monica Lee after as well. 



Here are a few costumes I really liked (and managed to get pictures of!) 




One of the few panels we went to, and the one with the longest line, was Tom Felton. If you've been living under a rock, he plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies. He was great to listen to and had tons to say about his time on Harry Potter and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Naturally, he was nothing like his characters. At one point he said "I forgot to say, I just love the Canadian accent. It's so intoxicating." And then I swooned. 




To finish the day we went to watch the Costume contest. We always make a point of getting in line to see the contest. There are always really impressive things to be seen. Unfortunately, some of the people are only on stage long enough to run off the other side, stage fright and all. 
The winner this year was stitch!! One of my personal favourites. It was a great costume. And I'm a huge fan of stitch. 

More on the last day soon!
xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l