Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Passport to the world

Continuing on with my tale of wanderlust. 

Every since high school I've been wanting to go to Africa. When I was in grade 11 my school was starting to plan a volunteer trip to Ghana, Africa to build a school. I was smitten we the idea of going and wanted so badly to be able to. Unfortunately for me, the trip ended up being the year after I graduated so I missed out. Ghana or elsewhere, I plan to see some of Africa eventually. 



My beautiful home country, Canada, has so much to see. We have plenty of culture and history to take in. Landmarks, parks, cities and food to explore. The place I most want to go is one of the places I've already been. East. Our Maritime provinces are so beautiful and have tons to see. Not to mention my love of the ocean that can't be satisfied inland. I was so in love with Nova Scotia and PEI that I must go back and I'll need to see more. Especially Newfoundland, that is a must. A wilderness adventure up north, a food trip to Quebec and a hippie trip to B.C. are also sure to happen too. 



South of our border, the USA has plenty of offerings. Florida has Disney world and Harry potter land. California is, well, California (been there!). New York has New York City. And that about covers USA. Except Arizona (been there too!).. And New Orleans, Seattle and a great many other places I can't think of just now. 



ASIA!!! In the last few years I've gotten pretty excited about the idea of seeing Asia. Lots of it. Exploring jungles, beaches and sand in SE Asia, hot springs and sushi in Japan, the Great Wall and temples in China, Korea... There is just so much to see!!! After watching as much anime as I have, I will be extremely disappointed if everyone in japan isn't wearing a school uniform and doesn't have some kind of weird pet friend though..



I feel pretty fortunate to have been to as many places as I have, but that doesn't mean I don't want more, or that I don't want to re-love the places I've already seen. 
Most notably, Europe. I would absolutely love to revisit the countries I already saw, maybe new cities, maybe the ones I fell in love with the first time. I also feel like I should see the rest of Europe. I didn't go east at all because of my time and money but I would very much like too. In the west, I also missed out on Spain, Portugal and Ireland which are must sees for me. The culture, history, monuments, people and food throughout Europe are so amazing to me that I feel I must experience as much as I can. 



And lastly (last that I'm writing about, not that I want to go to) is lower North, Central and South America. The jungles, beaches, caves, adventure, food, culture and history. Mexico, Brazil, Belize, Columbia, Jamaica, Bahamas, Ecuador (Galapagos!) and Bermuda.. I'd like to think its obvious that there are plenty more countries to see, but these are a few lusty locations. 

Eventually when I get to these places I will be sure to bring you along.. In your mind. You can read all about my travels here when they happen. And if you are feeling like taking a vicarious adventure before then, you can go all the way back to the beginning of this blog and read all about my time in Europe!

Happy travels!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l