Saturday, December 14, 2013

My toast is French.

Sometimes, for no real reason at all, It's nice to have something special for breakfast. French toast is where it's at today. With the day off, Chad sleeping in and me being (obviously) hungry, it's just perfect.


I used to make French toast with just egg. Bread dipped in egg, into the pan, syrup, done.
This time I put a little more into it.

For 2-3 slices of bread you need:
2 eggs
A glug of milk
Cinnamon
Vanilla extract

Mix, mix, mix
Give the bread a good soak in the mix and then send it off to a hot buttered pan.
It's all done when the bread has a nice brown crisp.


I topped my toast with Pure maple syrup and fruit. Blueberries, mango, strawberry and peaches. Nice and simple, but so delicious.
Whipped cream also makes a good topping but I don't keep that on hand.

And let's just be real, this isn't paleo at all. Sometimes you've just gotta live a little.

xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l