Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vegetable quiche

For my first go at a Paleo dish I whipped up a quiche. It is also vegetarian, but that certainly isn't the appeal of it. I made bacon with it too.. Yummy crispy bacon!

I haven't actually started my transition into Paleo yet but I was feeling eager to test out some recipes anyway. The fact that I could make this with things I already had in my kitchen makes me feel pretty good. The idea of a diet or lifestyle involving all things foreign would be wrong for me.

For this super simple and tasty quiche you need:

12 eggs (Free-range, pasture-raised, local)(In a perfect world)
1 tsp sea salt
1 large zucchini
2 medium carrots
Spinach, I used 2 frozen (thawed) cubes. (In a perfect world the produce would be local, organic and seasonal)
Butter (for the pan)

I chose to make half of this recipe but after it is cooked you can freeze any leftovers!

First things first, grate the carrots and zucchini then give them a little squeeze to get the some of the liquid out.


Next, beat the eggs and add them and the salt to the veggies. Then add the spinach.



Bake at 375F for about 45 minutes or until the edges are browned and the centre is puffy.


Serving this with crispy bacon and scones made an awesome Friday morning breakfast. Scones don't fit the bill for Paleo but since I haven't started my transition yet and I still have them I'm not about to waste them.

Enjoy!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l